Here are the top ATP storylines that GlamSpinTennis will be following throughout 2014.
10. Will certified head-case Bernard Tomic finally be able to play to his potential? And, will he kick his abusive father out of his camp? GlamSpinTennis really feels for Bernie and his fraught familial and coaching situation.
9. Is Juan Martin del Potro going to be a force to be reckoned with at the majors? DelPo's tomahawk forehand was readily on display as 2013 came to a close. However, 2014 will mark the 5-year anniversary of DelPo's lone major win at the 2009 US Open.
8. Has American men's tennis bottomed out? Should we expect a resurgence from John Isner and Sam Querrey, the two best American males or will the duo continue to bring USA tennis to new lows?
7. Will the French-men continue to disappoint? Richard Gasquet's career showed some signs of life during his semifinal run to the 2013 US Open. However, Gael Monfils and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga continue to be gripped by injuries. Allez les bleus! Each of these guys has the power and skill to bag a major, but the mental fortitude seems to be lacking.
6. Does Tomas Berdych have what it takes to win a title in 2014? The twitter favorite played well consistently throughout the 2013 season, but failed to make it to the winner's circle in 2013. In fact, Berdych was the lone player at the eight-man ATP World Tour Finals to not have won a title.
5. Bob and Mike Bryan came up short in their quest for the 2013 Grand Slam. They won the first 3 majors of the year but fell in the semi-final round at the US Open. Bob Bryan welcomed a second child during the off-season and who knows what family planning may lay ahead for Mike, so what will their upcoming year look like? Bonus - Will Fernando Verdasco continue to show his doubles prowess? Verdasco partnered with David Marrero to capture the 2013 ATP World Tour Finals Championship away from he Bryans.
4. How will Andy Murray recover from back surgery and will he be able to defend his Wimbledon crown? The first quarter of the year is likely to be a wash for the Scot due to his recovery. However, big things will be expected of him when he returns to grass. GlamSpinTennis predicts that Andy won't be the 2014 Wimbledon champ.
3. Will Novak be able to complete a career Grand Slam by winning the 2014 Roland Garros title? He'll surely have to wrestle the Coupe des Mousquetaires from Rafael Nadal's cold, dead, hands. However, everything about his off-season moves suggests that this is the goal. GlamSpinTennis predicts that Novak may be able to get the job done this year.
2. Did Rafael Nadal find a cure for his knee ailments and will he make it through the 2014 tennis season without and extended absence? Rafa disappeared for 7 (torturous) months between the 2012 and 2013 seasons and hasn't played a full season since 2011.
1. Will baby number 3 herald the end of Roger Federer's tennis career? Is 2014 the year Roger calls it quits?